Brainy quotes are quotes that inspire, motivate and generally get people to think about things. Take, for instance, movie quotes. Some quotes within movies really get the mind going into a million different directions, or even cause people to sit back and reevaluate certain beliefs. It only takes one phrase or comment to spawn a plethora of thought and introspection, and most of the time they hold the simplest meaning. These brainy quotes can be intelligent, perceptive and down right mind altering. Even so, the general consensus is that within those quotes lies a path of thought unexplored.
Some famous quotes, inspirational quotes and love quotes can be considered brainy. It’s not the context of the quote or what it pertains to that makes it brainy, but it’s the level of insight exposed. Everyday people hear things that make them stop and think, or they listen to a song and hear a certain lyric that they’ve never paid attention to before. The feeling that some of these encounters inspire is the same as when people hear a brainy quote. It shifts perceptions and opens the mind to a different avenue of thought.
Mark Twain quotes have long helped people expand their world view, and some people would even consider these quotes as life quotes or personal affirmations. That, in brief, is the essence of brainy quotes. Getting people to think outside the box and see the world around them. Funny quotes could also be motivational quotes, and in turn these quotes could also be brainy. Maybe over time if enough people seek inspiration from famous quotations, they will one day utter a brainy quote that will affect someone’s life. Or maybe, they already have.
Inspirational Brainy Quotes
- You can kill a man but you can't kill an idea.
- Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.
- All life is an experiment.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Life is half spent before we know what it is.
- The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be.
- As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death.
Leonardo da Vinci
- When you're dead, you're dead. That's it.
- Listen to many, speak to a few.
- Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
- We don't have education we have inspiration; if I was educated I would be a damn fool.
- There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island.
- A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?